I am a total neutral junkie when it comes to eye shadows, I can never have too many taupes or mattes! They’re great for everyday or even on a night out. Again I don’t wear shadow on a daily basis but when I’m feeling a bit adventurous these are the ones I reach for the most and can’t be with out . . .
1. M.A.C Uninterrupted – This is my secret weapon for creating that “grunge” effect. I’ve spoken here about it and how I like to use this ochre shade to give me that punched in the eye messy look. The look really isn’t for everyone but it’s the type of eye look I prefer. This shade is completely matte and perfect for crease work.
2. Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow In Almond – This I will cherish forever, it was a gift from my wonderful stepsister (she knows me all too well)! This is my go to shade for everyday crease work. It’s a matte brown shade that isn’t too cool nor super warm it sits right in the middle. This is a very classic shade and I get a ton of use out of it.
3. Jouer Eye Shadow In Chocolat – Speak about Taupey goodness, this shade is stunning! I say it’s a mixture of the next two shadows I’m about to mention. It is a warm taupe with a sheen of gold running through it that can be worn everyday all over the lid.
4. M.A.C Patina – A very under rated shadow but a goodie nonetheless! It’s such a unique color that you’d probably initially pass because it looks like nothing in the pan. It’s a cool golden taupe shade that has purple undertones to it. Perfect everyday shade and I always recommend it for weddings.
5. Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow In Pale Barley – This shadow is the most loved out of the bunch! It’s another cool taupe with a gold sheen. Burberry shadows have to be my all time fav due to the texture and pigmentation, they’re super creamy and long-lasting. You can do a sheer wash over the lid with this shade or really pack it on for a bolder eye. You must own this shade if you’re a taupe lover!
All in all I think these are awesome shades to add to your collection if you’re looking for key shadows. I reach for them all the time and I have deemed them post worthy, they have my stamp of approval!