The saying goes one of two ways, I’ve got the blues or I’ve got the sh*ts which is a bit vulgar to write but today I’ve got the purps. Estee from Essie Button did a FOTD video and featured her go to look as of late, can we start by saying how gorg this girl is? I was watching one of her vlogs and noticed the hint of purple across her lids, I immediately fell in love (well I already love her but I’m talking about the eyeshadow people)! Yesterday she did a post of some great purple-greyish shades that she’s been reaching for and all I did was reached for my keys to head to the nearest store! I picked up the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal in Purple to add to my water and lash line. I will be making a trip to Sephora this week to pick up Clinique’s Chubby Eye Stick in Lavish Lilac which she mentioned as well. So on I went to rummage through my stash of makeup and came up with these items that fit the criteria of being a “grayple” color. Like Estee I too only stick to neutral shades and don’t like a really bright bold eyeshadow but this type of shade is subtle enough that I don’t mind wearing it. Purple is also supposed to make brown eyes pop which is a plus for moi.
1. M.A.C Sable – I actually purchased this thanks to Fleur because it’s one of her favorite shadows and looks great on her. It’s such a lovely murky purple with a hint of gold shimmer. It makes for a great everyday shade or you can build up the intensity to create a killer smokey eye.
2. Nars Ashes to Ashes – This shadow is more on the taupe greyish side of purple. This shade is a good choice for more mature women who want to stay away from a frosty finish.
3. Urban Decay Toasted – It’s apart of the original Naked palette and it’s a fun bold shade that gives the eye a foiled effect. It’s a purple shade with a hint of pink warm undertones to it. It’s also the warmest of all the colors above.
4. Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Raffinement – This quad released with the Spring collection but will be apart of the permanent range. The 4 shades are described as a rich mauve, pearly pink beige, shimmering lilac, and deep eggplant. The two I swatched are from the left side of the palette.
5. M.A.C Eye Kohl in Raven – Unfortunately this liner was limited edition but is always a repromote in M.A.C collections. It’s a black kohl with burgundy and purple shimmer. I love this on the water line and smudged into the upper lash line as well!
I can feel a slight obsession starting and I must collect a few more grayple shades, any suggestions?