As the leaves start falling and the mornings are 50 to 60 degrees out come my most loved accessories. I grab a beanie, chunky knit, fluffy scarf and a berry vamp lip. I have my top 5 most reached for shades on my dresser and ready for action!
- M.A.C Diva – This is my favorite out of the bunch! It’s a wine bordeaux color with enough red undertones to make it great for everyday. It definitely is a statement color but paired with a very neutral face makes you look very polished in my opinion.
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in 49 – This is probably the most dramatic of them all and if black lipstick is too goth for you, maybe you should consider this purple shade. My advice with this one is make sure you have some type of contouring going on because this is so rich and dark it can make you look like a zombie. It’s a really beautiful deep dark shade and fun to try out!
- YSL Rouge Volupte in 12 Forbidden Burgundy – This is more of a fuchsia berry with slight pink undertones which makes it a perfect transitional color from summer to fall. The formula is super glossy so make sure you apply a lip liner.
- Tom Ford Bruised Plum – This is a true berry color with a slight sheen to it. Tom Fords lipstick formula is amazing and really stay put! This looks great with some bronzer and adding a bit of a berry flush to the apples of the cheeks using the lipstick itself (little trick I learned from some of the best).
- M.A.C Darkside – This shade is kind of a underdog that I don’t hear too much of but if Tom Ford Bruised Plum is a bit too pricey this is a great dupe. You can see that the swatches are very similar. M.A.C Darkside is a tad darker but with a light hand they’re nearly identical.
Vampy dark lips are a fun way to make a statement and that’s right people, it’s an accessory for me! Don’t be scared to rock a bold lip it’s 2013, we’ve seen meat dresses and Miley Cyrus twerking with her tongue touching her chin. It can’t get worse than that, can it?